Printing MIBs?

"Wayne F. Tackabury" <wayne@cayman.com> Thu, 08 July 1993 18:58 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1993 13:48:39 -0400
To: print-wg@pa.dec.com
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Wayne F. Tackabury" <wayne@cayman.com>
Subject: Printing MIBs?

This seemed like an appropriate list to ask questions about network
management of print servers.

I am interested in any work which has gone on in the area of SNMP MIB
definitions for print servers (moreso than network print devices per se),
mostly as a result of my own network management working group with the
AppleTalk Network Forum.

My basic questions are two: a) has anybody done any work on a MIB for LPR
service? b) I know there is a consortium of print vendors doing work on both
a high speed bidirectional parallel port definition, and on the definition
of network management schemes for printers and print services. For the
latter objective, does anybody know if a MIB has been produced, or what list
pertinent to this effort I would go bug to find out their status?

Thanks!!
Wayne F. Tackabury                       Internet: wayne@cayman.com
Cayman Systems, Inc.                     CompuServe: 73207,3650
26 Landsdowne St., Cambridge, MA  02139  AppleLink: D0523
Voice: (617) 494-1999                    Fax: (617) 494-5167