Re: [OPSAWG] Review of L3NM draft-aguado-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm-0

"Chongfeng Xie" <xiechf.bri@chinatelecom.cn> Sat, 13 July 2019 00:22 UTC

Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 08:22:20 +0800
From: Chongfeng Xie <xiechf.bri@chinatelecom.cn>
To: opsawg <OPSAWG@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] Review of L3NM draft-aguado-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm-0

I have read draft-aguado-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm-00 and it is well written and I like it and fully support it if IETF wants to adopt this work.
Since operator not only cares about how to define a service using the service model, but also how to realize the service using e.g.,the model
Proposed in this draft. Here are a few quick comments:
1.       The abstract said
“In some cases, the control of the network is further expanded into per-domain control. ”
What does expanded means? Expanded or broken down into?
s/Control of the network/control of the network spanning across multiple domains

2.       The abstract also said:
”This document uses the L3SM model defined in RFC 8299 [RFC8299], and extends it to facilitate communication between the service orchestrator and transport orchestrator (MSDC), and an MDSC and
domain controllers.  The resulting model is called the L3VPN Network Model (L3NM).”
I think the terminology in this document should be consistent.
s/transport orchestrator/network orchestrator

3.       Section 1, paragraph 2
”The augmentations facilitate the use the resulting model in communications with the transport orchestrator, also known as the MDSC (Multi-Domain Service
Coordinator) in the terminology of the framework for Abstraction and Control of TE Networks (ACTN) defined in RFC 8453 [RFC8453].
”
I feel disconnected about this sentence when it says the use the resulting model, how about
s/the use the resulting model/the use of the resulting model

4.Section 2
”In that context, the "Domain Orchestration" and "Config Manager" roles may be performed by "Controllers".”
Controller or domain controller? Are you assuming config manager is part of the same controller?

5.       Section 3 title
s/Yang model extensions/YANG model extensions

Chongfeng