Re: Ambler pretends to own .WEB again.

"Christopher Ambler" <cambler@iodesign.com> Thu, 16 July 1998 21:40 UTC

Delivery-Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:51:53 -0400
From: Christopher Ambler <cambler@iodesign.com>
To: perry@piermont.com
Cc: domain-policy@open-rsc.org, List@giaw.org, ietf@ietf.org, discussion-draft@giaw.org
Subject: Re: Ambler pretends to own .WEB again.
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:37:44 -0700

>A court already pretty much eliminated your claim to .WEB for you,
>like it or not, or have you forgotten that little detail? I know it is
>mighty convenient for you to continue pretending in public that you
>had a legitimate claim to .WEB to begin with, but I believe the matter
>has been fully settled at this point.  The judge practically laughed
>you out of court.  At that point, to avoid pay our court costs, you
>asked the Judge's permission to drop the case.  Were you to chose to
>try reopening the case, you'd almost certainly be denied the motion.

Not only are you wrong on a number of points, but, I have to, once again,
repeat my mantra to you: The Case Was Not About That.

>No one has to believe me on this. I'm including, YET AGAIN, the
>transcript of what the Judge said, officially, in an actual court of
>law, on this subject. See the end of this message for said transcript.

Yes, please read it everyone, as Perry goes to the trouble to post it
every week or so. Remember, please, that the judge is commenting
only on IOD's request for a TRO to prevent the signing of the MoU.
The lawyers on this list will realize that Perry's assessment above
does not mesh with the judge's decision.

>I'm utterly astonished by your continuing public claims in the
>matter. Have you not the least bit of shame?

I should ask the same of you. Personally, I don't much care for your
assessment. If it ends up back in court, perhaps I'll see you there.
I would take a lot of personal pleasure in seeing you on the witness
stand.

Have a nice day. See you in Geneva?

--
Christopher Ambler, Personal Opinion Only