Re: [rsvp-dir] [mpls] Reuqest for suggestion

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Sat, 21 July 2012 11:16 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: fu.xihua@zte.com.cn, mpls@ietf.org, rsvp-dir@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 12:16:59 +0100
Cc: rcallon@juniper.net
Subject: Re: [rsvp-dir] [mpls] Reuqest for suggestion

I haven't done a detailed review, but something amusing jumped out at me.

In the Introduction you quite rightly point out that if the reporting of
latency, jitter and loss are not available from a specific domain then it will
not be possible to use BRPC to compute an optimal (or adequate) end-to-end path.
However, you then go on to give this as a reason to make functional additions to
RSVP-TE.  Does it not occur to you that if one domain does not support the
signaling of latency, jitter and loss (and their collection in the routing
protocols) then your I-D will not work.

Thus, your argument "if idea A is not supported it will not work" bounces back
on you :-)

Adrian