Deborah Brungard's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08: (with COMMENT)

Deborah Brungard via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 25 June 2019 18:12 UTC

From: Deborah Brungard via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming@ietf.org, Ron Bonica <rbonica@juniper.net>, rtgwg-chairs@ietf.org, rbonica@juniper.net, rtgwg@ietf.org
Subject: Deborah Brungard's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08: (with COMMENT)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:12:49 -0700

Deborah Brungard has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming/

COMMENT:

Much thanks for a very comprehensive document!

Similar to Alvaro's (F),  I find a couple of sentences confusing.

I think it would be very helpful to clarify the scope of this document (in
this document), especially as Alvaro notes, the same working group
is progressing a PS document with another solution.

Examples:

- Abstract: I find the sentence "attempts..complete" solution a bit in conflict.
"Attempts" - either it does or doesn't. "complete" is questionable as it is focused
on a set of use cases. Suggest:

This document attempts to define a complete solution to this problem
/s/
This document examines currently available mechanisms for providing a solution
to this problem for a broad range of enterprise topologies.

- Section 4:
"The method described in the current document is functionally equivalent, but it is
intended to be easier to understand for enterprise network operators."
I don't find the justification "easier to understand for enterprise network operators" to be
convincing. Especially if there is already a PS document being progressed in the same working
group. Hopefully the PS document will also be easy to understand for both operators and vendors.
Suggest a better qualifier, even simply:
but it is intended to be easier to understand for enterprise network operators
/s/
but it is based on application of existing mechanisms for the described scenarios