Re: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-sfc-architecture-08

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> Tue, 26 May 2015 20:17 UTC

Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 22:17:28 +0200
From: Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org>
To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Cc: draft-ietf-sfc-architecture.all@tools.ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-sfc-architecture-08

If it is unreasonable to expect that encryption/authentication will be
part of the architecture, I believe there is a significant problem with
this architecture.  The argument that security is not necessary within
a single administrative domain is one that I complete disagree with.  I
am hoping that I am missing some context here.

/Simon