Re: [splices] SIP INVOKE Method - The Model

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu> Thu, 21 July 2011 14:19 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:19:09 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
To: splices@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [splices] SIP INVOKE Method - The Model

Its not evident to me that this model includes device control such as
selecting handset/headset/speakerphone, control of lights/buttons, etc..
Yet that seems to be an important part of what we want this for.

The difference is that what you have included is what fits within the
existing state model for dialogs, while that other stuff requires a more
extensive model of the device.

So, if we want this mechanism to be able to select media sources and
sinks on the device, then the model needs to encompass media sources and
sinks on the device. If we want to control or be conditional on
lights/buttons then lights and buttons need to be part of the model, ...

     Thanks,
     Paul