Re: [tae] New draft: announcing the supported transports via DNS

Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no> Fri, 18 September 2009 15:11 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:11:55 +0200
From: Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no>
To: tae@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tae] New draft: announcing the supported transports via DNS

Hi all,

This discussion reminds me of something else:
someone (I think Jana?) mentioned the possibility of negotiating
more than just the transport protocol, e.g. even the usage of IPv6,
with a negotiation protocol.

I recently talked about this with someone who knows more about
IPv6 than me (actually not hard to find such a person!), and that
someone said that a standard is already in place for determining
whether IPv6 can be used **via DNS**.

So, whether or not the approach discussed here is adopted, for
the choice of IPv6 at least, DNS seems to be the way to go...
right? Opinions?

Cheers,
Michael