Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt

tom petch <ietfa@btconnect.com> Tue, 04 June 2019 08:57 UTC

Return-Path: <ietfa@btconnect.com>
X-Original-To: teas@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: teas@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 0E82312006A for <teas@ietfa.amsl.com>; Tue, 4 Jun 2019 01:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: 0.247
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.247 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, RATWARE_MS_HASH=2.148, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=no autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: ietfa.amsl.com (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) header.d=btconnect.onmicrosoft.com
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([4.31.198.44]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id YVaOuGNAPqrM for <teas@ietfa.amsl.com>; Tue, 4 Jun 2019 01:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from EUR01-DB5-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com (mail-eopbgr150112.outbound.protection.outlook.com [40.107.15.112]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384 (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4A4EF12011A for <teas@ietf.org>; Tue, 4 Jun 2019 01:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btconnect.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-btconnect-onmicrosoft-com; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=UrSnoffEjIuAbKxFbzHVnwBem0lqPkCnUy9LggdWgCM=; b=NG3z7l58iPJPZOrOuPlAxT/dFu5uO/I3f+Ze97egEy1P+PINwh0jpWrGqnFgkAjr4SWT+1S/hP7eZzMJI82YJQL2PSnGG8gQznLju+7k2jlxD344uTOeFU10wYXZgIWeqp465AKVHB4SFNQr+9SRL9XrNVfSwnkl5VbGigIWzFY=
Received: from AM0PR0702MB3732.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com (52.133.51.25) by AM0PR0702MB3633.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com (52.133.45.146) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384) id 15.20.1965.6; Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:57:02 +0000
Received: from AM0PR0702MB3732.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com ([fe80::38cd:6ef6:7d75:23c2]) by AM0PR0702MB3732.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com ([fe80::38cd:6ef6:7d75:23c2%7]) with mapi id 15.20.1965.011; Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:57:02 +0000
From: tom petch <ietfa@btconnect.com>
To: Young Lee <leeyoung@futurewei.com>, "Beller, Dieter (Nokia - DE/Stuttgart)" <dieter.beller@nokia.com>, Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>
CC: Vishnu Pavan Beeram <vishnupavan@gmail.com>, TEAS WG <teas@ietf.org>
Thread-Topic: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt
Thread-Index: AQHVGrN5HCx/ZGe7GkKrPPSByuYO2w==
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:57:02 +0000
Message-ID: <033701d51ab2$e3a2dd20$4001a8c0@gateway.2wire.net>
References: <155733378266.22698.1217292112993989476.idtracker@ietfa.amsl.com> <7AEB3D6833318045B4AE71C2C87E8E173D12A7A3@sjceml521-mbx.china.huawei.com> <CA+YzgTvV9ZKZrW4oTmkT1XoZrg+CVQu918uHn9um9k2sOU6Kmw@mail.gmail.com> <7AEB3D6833318045B4AE71C2C87E8E173D15F379@sjceml521-mbx.china.huawei.com> <cec0242d-2d0c-8a52-34e5-e9f888b7e786@nokia.com> <CH2PR13MB33830EE649166518C97D3ECACD140@CH2PR13MB3383.namprd13.prod.outlook.com>
Accept-Language: en-GB, en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
x-clientproxiedby: LO2P265CA0425.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM (2603:10a6:600:a0::29) To AM0PR0702MB3732.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com (2603:10a6:208:26::25)
authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=ietfa@btconnect.com;
x-ms-exchange-messagesentrepresentingtype: 1
x-mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
x-originating-ip: [86.139.215.234]
x-ms-publictraffictype: Email
x-ms-office365-filtering-correlation-id: 085cfa93-a803-40f4-e867-08d6e8ca9bdf
x-microsoft-antispam: BCL:0; PCL:0; RULEID:(2390118)(7020095)(4652040)(8989299)(4534185)(4627221)(201703031133081)(201702281549075)(8990200)(5600148)(711020)(4605104)(1401327)(2017052603328)(7193020); SRVR:AM0PR0702MB3633;
x-ms-traffictypediagnostic: AM0PR0702MB3633:
x-ms-exchange-purlcount: 18
x-microsoft-antispam-prvs: <AM0PR0702MB36333A4BB36C85FC34C90A8CA2150@AM0PR0702MB3633.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com>
x-ms-oob-tlc-oobclassifiers: OLM:6108;
x-forefront-prvs: 0058ABBBC7
x-forefront-antispam-report: SFV:NSPM; SFS:(10019020)(366004)(376002)(346002)(39860400002)(396003)(136003)(189003)(199004)(13464003)(51444003)(44716002)(62236002)(966005)(229853002)(30864003)(68736007)(81816011)(76176011)(14496001)(4326008)(86362001)(6116002)(3846002)(64756008)(386003)(1556002)(50226002)(26005)(66574012)(8936002)(81156014)(25786009)(52116002)(102836004)(2906002)(53546011)(81686011)(81166006)(84392002)(6506007)(478600001)(486006)(316002)(8676002)(99286004)(14454004)(66556008)(73956011)(66476007)(110136005)(54906003)(66066001)(61296003)(53946003)(186003)(53936002)(6512007)(476003)(6486002)(71190400001)(6436002)(6246003)(15650500001)(4720700003)(44736005)(305945005)(7736002)(71200400001)(5660300002)(5024004)(14444005)(6306002)(9686003)(66446008)(446003)(66946007)(256004)(74416001)(7726001)(579004)(559001)(569006); DIR:OUT; SFP:1102; SCL:1; SRVR:AM0PR0702MB3633; H:AM0PR0702MB3732.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com; FPR:; SPF:None; LANG:en; PTR:InfoNoRecords; MX:1; A:0;
received-spf: None (protection.outlook.com: btconnect.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
x-ms-exchange-senderadcheck: 1
x-microsoft-antispam-message-info: 8G2lnpVrH4shajGi+vhLnJIXf/y52ATeTZx9B4R9IksCX5DZBuThxn4QqWI0DuM+/5LPrT0YJ55G1krx3GmI0/iBCG4g4dFQANXoHLMezYXN+d0+PqGD5ZopcgtKf81DmEXkY237FgkkMj5gB6FfDYaFnWJSMHnfB7ntXwOiUAnu+5E1ptiI6U/9Ip/zQnz06SvkDCSXFCugywjQivPSncuSwTTNPoF96mAHPeVc6RC9U8e8aecESo/TScMu+EBHudNXRut9f7R5VJWWcRDg9ZRCrWfH7BKu3nFl2LT8P0gKymmPoOakbfbT7W024CqYwC1QQLy3w8mG6J1PwSX8gq5LpYQZzjl57sd+XTjxKLbje0u88TpRMgkVNCF5ANZDcoDj6nnhvSKTQe2rGFjEnoMQP6wrjzYVYqhnx5kQCHs=
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Content-ID: <5ABBD1CF613E304F9F22231F7772E400@eurprd07.prod.outlook.com>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginatorOrg: btconnect.com
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-Network-Message-Id: 085cfa93-a803-40f4-e867-08d6e8ca9bdf
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-originalarrivaltime: 04 Jun 2019 08:57:02.3999 (UTC)
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-fromentityheader: Hosted
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-id: cf8853ed-96e5-465b-9185-806bfe185e30
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-mailboxtype: HOSTED
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-userprincipalname: ietfa@btconnect.com
X-MS-Exchange-Transport-CrossTenantHeadersStamped: AM0PR0702MB3633
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/teas/6IbFBM2RZoZGVLJ2akyS0J_FZw4>
Subject: Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt
X-BeenThere: teas@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.29
Precedence: list
List-Id: Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling working group discussion list <teas.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/teas>, <mailto:teas-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/teas/>
List-Post: <mailto:teas@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:teas-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas>, <mailto:teas-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 08:57:14 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Young Lee" <leeyoung@futurewei.com>;
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2019 2:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt


> Hi Dieter,
>
> I think we can add RFC 5277 as a reference. It seems that both RFC5277
and
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-netconf-event-notificatio
ns-22 are compatible to each other.


Not really; look at
draft-ietf-netconf-subscribed-notifications-26
s.1.4.  RFC5277 has been superseded, but not obsoleted, by a whole raft
of I-D which provide a different way of doing things; an implementation
may do one, or the other, or both but compatible is not a word that I
would use.  I think that the expectation is that the RFC5277 approach
will wither away with time.

Tom Petch


> Thanks.
> Young
>
>
> From: Beller, Dieter (Nokia - DE/Stuttgart)
[mailto:dieter.beller@nokia.com]
> Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2019 9:42 AM
> To: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>;
> Cc: Vishnu Pavan Beeram <vishnupavan@gmail.com>;; TEAS WG
<teas@ietf.org>;
> Subject: Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt
>
> Hi Young,
>
> I noticed that draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt does
not reference
RFC5277<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%
2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Frfc5277%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futu
rewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5
591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574726151&sdata=KquCN81GrA8bFeadwrBnmeUOVJtnO
OnakUEUN8ED1b4%3D&reserved=0>: NETCONF Event Notifications
>
> It only references:
>
> ·
draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.
com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-netconf-yang-p
ush&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7
688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574726151&s
data=lEuKS%2FeENRoiEYEFLyXL3QSmSKhfPciyMeEfRVWTsdA%3D&reserved=0>
>
> ·
draft-ietf-netconf-<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=
https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-netconf-netconf-event-n
otifications&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a145766
37008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C63695083357
4736148&sdata=368%2BHwJQDJ1w9pZHYdoxF4GmR0DEdRpwjwbgA4I%2BgT4%3D&reserve
d=0>netconf-event-notifications<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlo
ok.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-netconf-net
conf-event-notifications&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe47
5a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7
C636950833574736148&sdata=368%2BHwJQDJ1w9pZHYdoxF4GmR0DEdRpwjwbgA4I%2BgT
4%3D&reserved=0>
>
> Could you please explain why
RFC5277<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%
2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Frfc5277%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futu
rewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5
591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574736148&sdata=C%2BBbysR%2FzdK4FPmbgq8AFzlcB
HvM8F9tdrhz4uRetaY%3D&reserved=0> is not listed as normative reference
what I had expected?
>
>
> Thanks,
> Dieter
>
>
> On 24.05.2019 19:00, Leeyoung wrote:
> Hi Pavan,
>
> Thanks for initiating this effort.
>
> Here’s how the revision incorporated Dieter’s comment. Please see
“YL>>” for each comment.
>
> Thanks.
> Young
>
> >>
snipped-----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
> Hi Young,
>
> here are some more comments as promised:
>
> Other terms which are not defined are:
> ·       scaling intent (the description in section 4 is very poor and
does not describe what scaling intent is all about),
> ·       network autonomics
> YL>> In Section 1.1 we added the following terms:
> Key Performance Data: This refers to a set of data the customer is
>    interested in monitoring for their instantiated VNs or TE-tunnels.
>    Key performance data and key performance indicators are inter-
>    exchangeable in this draft.
>
>    Scaling: This refers to the network ability to re-shape its own
>    resources. Scale out refers to improve network performance by
>    increasing the allocated resources, while scale in refers to
>    decrease the allocated resources, typically because the existing
>    resources are unnecessary.
>
>    Scaling Intent: To declare scaling conditions, scaling intent is
>    used. Specifically, scaling intent refers to the intent expressed
by
>    the client that allows the client to program/configure conditions
of
>    their key performance data either for scaling out or scaling in.
>    Various conditions can be set for scaling intent on either VN or
TE-
>    tunnel level.
>
>    Network Autonomics: This refers to the network automation
capability
>    that allows client to initiate scaling intent mechanisms and
>    provides the client with the status of the adjusted network
>    resources based on the client's scaling intent in an automated
>    fashion.
>
> The term performance monitoring (PM) is being used in transport
networks for many years and typically relates to 15min/24h PM counters
and PM history.
> Streaming telemetry data is rather new for transport network equipment
and care should be taken to distinguish streaming telemetry data  from
classical PM data
> unless the classical PM counters are streamed, which is also an
option.
>
>
> YL>> In the Introduction section, we added the following paragraph to
explain how we used PM in this draft:
> The term performance monitoring being used in this document is
>    different from the term that has been used in transport networks
for
>    many years. Performance monitoring in this document refers to
>    subscription and publication of streaming telemetry data.
>    Subscription is initiated by the client (e.g., CNC) while
>    publication is provided by the network (e.g., MDSC/PNC) based on
the
>    client's subscription. As the scope of performance monitoring in
>    this document is telemetry data on the level of client's VN or TE-
>    tunnel, the entity interfacing the client (e.g., MDSC) has to
>    provide VN or TE-tunnel level information. This would require
>    controller capability to derive VN or TE-tunnel level performance
>    data based on lower-level data collected via PM counters in the
>    Network Elements (NE). How the controller entity derives such
>    customized level data (i.e., VN or TE-tunnel level) is out of the
>    scope of this document.
>
> Regarding the scaling intent: I was expecting to find a description of
"scaling intent" in order to understand what it means:
>
>    Scaling intent configuration mechanism allows the client to
>
>    configure automatic scale-in and scale-out mechanisms on both the
>
>    TE-tunnel and the VN level. Various conditions can be set for auto-
>
>    scaling based on the PM telemetry data.
>
> YL>> As added in Section 1.1,
> Scaling Intent: To declare scaling conditions, scaling intent is
>    used. Specifically, scaling intent refers to the intent expressed
by
>    the client that allows the client to program/configure conditions
of
>    their key performance data either for scaling out or scaling in.
>    Various conditions can be set for scaling intent on either VN or
TE-
>    tunnel level.
>
> What are the "automatic scale-in and scale-out mechanisms"? What are
the configuration parameters of these mechanisms? This is totally
unclear to me:
>
>    There are a number of parameters involved in the mechanism:
>
>
>
>      . scale-out-intent or scale-in-intent: whether to scale-out or
>
>         scale-in.
>
> YL>> At the end of Section 4, we have the following text:
>
>
>
> There are a number of parameters involved in the mechanism:
>
>
>
>      . scale-out-intent or scale-in-intent: whether to scale-out or
>
>         scale-in.
>
>      . performance-type: performance metric type (e.g., one-way-delay,
>
>         one-way-delay-min, one-way-delay-max, two-way-delay, two-way-
>
>         delay-min, two-way-delay-max, utilized bandwidth, etc.)
>
>      . threshold-value: the threshold value for a certain performance-
>
>         type that triggers scale-in or scale-out.
>
>      . scaling-operation-type: in case where scaling condition can be
>
>         set with one or more performance types, then
scaling-operation-
>
>         type (AND, OR, MIN, MAX, etc.) is applied to these selected
>
>         performance types and its threshold values.
>
>      . Threshold-time: the duration for which the criteria must hold
>
>         true.
>
>      . Cooldown-time: the duration after a scaling action has been
>
>         triggered, for which there will be no further operation.
>
>
> The tree view in section 4 is not providing any clarity either:
>
>    module: ietf-te-kpi-telemetry
>
>      augment /te:te/te:tunnels/te:tunnel:
>
>        +-rw te-scaling-intent
>
>        |  +-rw scale-in-intent
>
>        |  |  +-rw threshold-time?            uint32
>
>        |  |  +-rw cooldown-time?             uint32
>
>        |  |  +-rw scale-in-operation-type?
scaling-criteria-operation
>
>        |  |  +-rw scaling-condition* [performance-type]
>
>        |  |     +-rw performance-type           identityref
>
>        |  |     +-rw threshold-value?           string
>
>        |  |     +-rw te-telemetry-tunnel-ref?
>
>                    -> /te:te/tunnels/tunnel/name
>
>        |  +-rw scale-out-intent
>
>        |     +-rw threshold-time?             uint32
>
>        |     +-rw cooldown-time?              uint32
>
>        |     +-rw scale-out-operation-type?
scaling-criteria-operation
>
>        |     +-rw scaling-condition* [performance-type]
>
>        |        +-rw performance-type           identityref
>
>        |        +-rw threshold-value?           string
>
>        |        +-rw te-telemetry-tunnel-ref?
>
>                    -> /te:te/tunnels/tunnel/name
>
>
> The meaning of the attributes (e.g. cooldown-time,
scale-in-operation-type) are not explained.
>
> YL>> Please see the previous comments.
>
> My conclusion: this document is not ready yet for WG adoption. The
concerns I raised at IETF104 wer not properly addressed.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Dieter
>
>
>
> On 18.04.2019 20:58, Dieter Beller wrote:
> Hi Young,
>
> here is my very first comment:
>
> The abstract reads:
>
> Abstract
>
>
>
>    This document provides YANG data models that describe performance
>
>    monitoring telemetry and scaling intent mechanism for TE-tunnels
and
>
>    Virtual Networks (VN).
>
>
>
>    The models presented in this draft allow customers to subscribe to
>
>    and monitor their key performance data of their interest on the
>
>    level of TE-tunnel or VN. The models also provide customers with
the
>
>    ability to program autonomic scaling intent mechanism on the level
>
>    of TE-tunnel as well as VN.
> When I tried to find the definition of the term "key performance data"
I failed. The terminology section reads:
>
1.1<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fto
ols.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-16%23s
ection-1.1&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637
008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C6369508335747
46138&sdata=w1QlGE9Jl8CaJ%2Feym22VsxRipsRFtFa%2FfUPGwA9Mo4M%3D&reserved=
0>. Terminology
>
>    Refer to
[RFC8453<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc8453&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.c
om%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc
%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574746138&sdata=UGswSJMJd1nsJA%2BjkfLO6vv5fJwmXlNT65
nPoInCdaE%3D&reserved=0>],
[RFC7926<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc7926&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.c
om%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc
%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574756136&sdata=CvAGamqQUQHwX4b9hDHalnrLZLuqq2ud%2F6
lMHhghyFM%3D&reserved=0>], and
[RFC8309<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc8309&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.c
om%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc
%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574756136&sdata=EhxXU2JhRo3zdwUFEUSV8H8c7H%2BC4K7zoc
J6uMTVAIw%3D&reserved=0>] for the key terms used
>
>    in this document.
>
> The term "key performance data" is not defined in section 1.1 nor in
the referenced RFSs!
> Frankly speaking, I have no clue what "key performance data" is.
>
> This is what I was criticizing when you presented the draft in Prague.
>
> More comments will follow.
>
> YL>> Add this in Section 1.1:
> Key Performance Data: This refers to a set of data the customer is
>    interested in monitoring for their instantiated VNs or TE-tunnels.
>    Key performance data and key performance indicators are inter-
>    exchangeable in this draft.
>
>
> From: Vishnu Pavan Beeram [mailto:vishnupavan@gmail.com]
> Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:58 PM
> To: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com><mailto:leeyoung@huawei.com>;
Beller, Dieter (Nokia - DE)
<dieter.beller@nokia.com><mailto:dieter.beller@nokia.com>
> Cc: TEAS WG <teas@ietf.org><mailto:teas@ietf.org>
> Subject: Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt
>
> Young,
> Thanks for bringing the offline discussion to the list. Please discuss
(on the list) how the changes in the latest revision address all of
Dieter's comments.
>
> Dieter,
> Please do confirm on the list if there are no further open issues to
discuss.
>
> Regards,
> -Pavan
>
> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:50 AM Leeyoung
<leeyoung@huawei.com<mailto:leeyoung@huawei.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This revision incorporated Dieter's comments (exchanged privately ---
see the attachment for this content of Dieter's comments).
>
> If there are still further comments before being ready for WG
adoption, we'd appreciate your providing comments in a timely manner.
>
> Thanks & Best regards,
> Young (on behalf of co-authors)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: internet-drafts@ietf.org<mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org>
[mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org<mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org>]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:43 AM
> To: Daniele Ceccarelli
<daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com<mailto:daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>
>; Satish Karunanithi
<satish.karunanithi@gmail.com<mailto:satish.karunanithi@gmail.com>>;
Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com<mailto:leeyoung@huawei.com>>; Dhruv Dhody
<dhruv.dhody@huawei.com<mailto:dhruv.dhody@huawei.com>>; Daniel King
<d.king@lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:d.king@lancaster.ac.uk>>; Ricard Vilata
<ricard.vilalta@cttc.es<mailto:ricard.vilalta@cttc.es>>; Ricard Vilalta
<ricard.vilalta@cttc.es<mailto:ricard.vilalta@cttc.es>>
> Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt
>
>
> A new version of I-D,
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Young Lee and posted to the IETF
repository.
>
> Name:           draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics
> Revision:       17
> Title:          YANG models for VN & TE Performance Monitoring
Telemetry and Scaling Intent Autonomics
> Document date:  2019-05-08
> Group:          Individual Submission
> Pages:          30
> URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-au
tonomics-17.txt<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http
s%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Finternet-drafts%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-teleme
try-autonomics-17.txt&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1
a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C63
6950833574756136&sdata=HM48AUuC6BvvUSUgAsfNAsGAcdzO52d326gJqqgQnNg%3D&re
served=0>
> Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autono
mics/<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2F
datatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics
%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7
688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574766127&s
data=7G9Ijjk5cuyVg3JSDO%2B7jQN50SRgCuKJuIRhfGOKyZY%3D&reserved=0>
> Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-
17<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftoo
ls.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-17&data
=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7
C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574766127&sdata=2Mc
nE2%2B7Zyl1J0LtTX10%2FBaBbka5RL1giUQZ72KPoMs%3D&reserved=0>
> Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-a
utonomics<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2
F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry
-autonomics&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a1457663
7008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574
776124&sdata=IMIqf0g15xT%2FzD8pCpxL05IMzdqWqK6IhAW5YfKiGKE%3D&reserved=0
>
> Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-auton
omics-17<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-auto
nomics-17&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a145766370
08d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C63695083357477
6124&sdata=8YAuaMmlhMz13t%2BEKXc2p6yraPKSt6XumuDTn7PzS6c%3D&reserved=0>
>
> Abstract:
>    This document provides YANG data models that describe performance
>    monitoring telemetry and scaling intent mechanism for TE-tunnels
and
>    Virtual Networks (VN).
>
>    The models presented in this draft allow customers to subscribe to
>    and monitor their key performance data of their interest on the
>    level of TE-tunnel or VN. The models also provide customers with
the
>    ability to program autonomic scaling intent mechanism on the level
>    of TE-tunnel as well as VN.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%
3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a
1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C6
36950833574786116&sdata=DbOF8DsF0czlrvFnG9vlI1tPGD7OMW62hcxy4PA8fBE%3D&r
eserved=0>.
>
> The IETF Secretariat
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: "Beller, Dieter (Nokia - DE/Stuttgart)"
<dieter.beller@nokia.com<mailto:dieter.beller@nokia.com>>
> To: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com<mailto:leeyoung@huawei.com>>
> Cc: TEAS WG Chairs
<teas-chairs@ietf.org<mailto:teas-chairs@ietf.org>>, "King, Daniel"
<d.king@lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:d.king@lancaster.ac.uk>>, Daniele
Ceccarelli
<daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com<mailto:daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>
>
> Bcc:
> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 09:06:20 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-16.txt
> Hi Young,
>
> here are some more comments as promised:
>
> Other terms which are not defined are:
> ·       scaling intent (the description in section 4 is very poor and
does not describe what scaling intent is all about),
> ·       network autonomics
>
> The term performance monitoring (PM) is being used in transport
networks for many years and typically relates to 15min/24h PM counters
and PM history.
> Streaming telemetry data is rather new for transport network equipment
and care should be taken to distinguish streaming telemetry data  from
classical PM data
> unless the classical PM counters are streamed, which is also an
option.
>
> Regarding the scaling intent: I was expecting to find a description of
"scaling intent" in order to understand what it means:
>
>    Scaling intent configuration mechanism allows the client to
>
>    configure automatic scale-in and scale-out mechanisms on both the
>
>    TE-tunnel and the VN level. Various conditions can be set for auto-
>
>    scaling based on the PM telemetry data.
>
> What are the "automatic scale-in and scale-out mechanisms"? What are
the configuration parameters of these mechanisms? This is totally
unclear to me:
>
>    There are a number of parameters involved in the mechanism:
>
>
>
>      . scale-out-intent or scale-in-intent: whether to scale-out or
>
>         scale-in.
> The tree view in section 4 is not providing any clarity either:
>
>    module: ietf-te-kpi-telemetry
>
>      augment /te:te/te:tunnels/te:tunnel:
>
>        +-rw te-scaling-intent
>
>        |  +-rw scale-in-intent
>
>        |  |  +-rw threshold-time?            uint32
>
>        |  |  +-rw cooldown-time?             uint32
>
>        |  |  +-rw scale-in-operation-type?
scaling-criteria-operation
>
>        |  |  +-rw scaling-condition* [performance-type]
>
>        |  |     +-rw performance-type           identityref
>
>        |  |     +-rw threshold-value?           string
>
>        |  |     +-rw te-telemetry-tunnel-ref?
>
>                    -> /te:te/tunnels/tunnel/name
>
>        |  +-rw scale-out-intent
>
>        |     +-rw threshold-time?             uint32
>
>        |     +-rw cooldown-time?              uint32
>
>        |     +-rw scale-out-operation-type?
scaling-criteria-operation
>
>        |     +-rw scaling-condition* [performance-type]
>
>        |        +-rw performance-type           identityref
>
>        |        +-rw threshold-value?           string
>
>        |        +-rw te-telemetry-tunnel-ref?
>
>                    -> /te:te/tunnels/tunnel/name
>
>
> The meaning of the attributes (e.g. cooldown-time,
scale-in-operation-type) are not explained.
>
>
> My conclusion: this document is not ready yet for WG adoption. The
concerns I raised at IETF104 wer not properly addressed.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Dieter
>
>
>
> On 18.04.2019 20:58, Dieter Beller wrote:
> Hi Young,
>
> here is my very first comment:
>
> The abstract reads:
>
> Abstract
>
>
>
>    This document provides YANG data models that describe performance
>
>    monitoring telemetry and scaling intent mechanism for TE-tunnels
and
>
>    Virtual Networks (VN).
>
>
>
>    The models presented in this draft allow customers to subscribe to
>
>    and monitor their key performance data of their interest on the
>
>    level of TE-tunnel or VN. The models also provide customers with
the
>
>    ability to program autonomic scaling intent mechanism on the level
>
>    of TE-tunnel as well as VN.
> When I tried to find the definition of the term "key performance data"
I failed. The terminology section reads:
>
1.1<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fto
ols.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-16%23s
ection-1.1&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637
008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C6369508335747
86116&sdata=%2F6EH8kSSL2iF3Knr7KmNQYvAcvboCHFawh2JIxB8FAQ%3D&reserved=0>
. Terminology
>
>    Refer to
[RFC8453<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc8453&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.c
om%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc
%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574786116&sdata=aD1OJYz9BmuzBq95c7T6NsbkghjSMG6Zm7%2
Fcbhzmn9g%3D&reserved=0>],
[RFC7926<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc7926&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.c
om%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc
%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574796110&sdata=XjaHaw76bJz20%2FwNF%2FTmTJcLdQsdp%2F
TvaOBcpptCL04%3D&reserved=0>], and
[RFC8309<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc8309&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.c
om%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc
%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574796110&sdata=fia79UTfQHU93LU0Mr%2BwlEOxJGm1Ighqrg
EcSBTmWog%3D&reserved=0>] for the key terms used
>
>    in this document.
>
> The term "key performance data" is not defined in section 1.1 nor in
the referenced RFSs!
> Frankly speaking, I have no clue what "key performance data" is.
>
> This is what I was criticizing when you presented the draft in Prague.
>
> More comments will follow.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Dieter
>
>
>
> On 18.04.2019 18:56, Dieter Beller wrote:
> Hi Young,
>
> I will have a look at the latest version. Unfortunately, I was not
able to find the necessary time yet.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Dieter
>
>
> On 18.04.2019 18:27, Leeyoung wrote:
>
> Hi Pavan and Lou,
>
>
>
> To recap, the revision addressed all your comments in Prague meeting
on the generalization of this draft so that it would be applicable in
general contexts. And thanks to Tom, all other comments have been
incorporated to improve the draft.
>
>
>
> The co-authors believe that this is ready for WG adoption. Please let
us know if this is the case; otherwise, let us know what needs further
to be done.
>
>
>
> Thanks & Best regards,
>
> Young (on behalf of co-authors)
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> From: internet-drafts@ietf.org<mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org>
[mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org]
>
> Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:18 AM
>
> To: Daniele Ceccarelli
<daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com><mailto:daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com
>; Satish Karunanithi
<satish.karunanithi@gmail.com><mailto:satish.karunanithi@gmail.com>;
Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com><mailto:leeyoung@huawei.com>; Dhruv Dhody
<dhruv.dhody@huawei.com><mailto:dhruv.dhody@huawei.com>; Daniel King
<d.king@lancaster.ac.uk><mailto:d.king@lancaster.ac.uk>; Ricard Vilata
<ricard.vilalta@cttc.es><mailto:ricard.vilalta@cttc.es>; Ricard Vilalta
<ricard.vilalta@cttc.es><mailto:ricard.vilalta@cttc.es>
>
> Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-16.txt
>
>
>
>
>
> A new version of I-D,
draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-16.txt
>
> has been successfully submitted by Young Lee and posted to the IETF
repository.
>
>
>
> Name:         draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics
>
> Revision:  16
>
> Title:        YANG models for VN & TE Performance Monitoring Telemetry
and Scaling Intent Autonomics
>
> Document date:   2019-04-18
>
> Group:        Individual Submission
>
> Pages:            29
>
> URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-au
tonomics-16.txt<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http
s%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Finternet-drafts%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-teleme
try-autonomics-16.txt&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1
a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C63
6950833574806105&sdata=FjHt7vpTL24Xq4fxEDEXetXI7DRIjfWyOzQ7SGjQCSo%3D&re
served=0>
>
> Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autono
mics/<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2F
datatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics
%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7
688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574806105&s
data=V9pucoRpog%2B05CYYbsZc66BNxU53BhaMZb%2BtvStsndg%3D&reserved=0>
>
> Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-
16<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftoo
ls.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-16&data
=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7
C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574806105&sdata=IVS
vZ090Tw6d462NCvTWRuuOhSsd%2FT4g9900aCj4GUY%3D&reserved=0>
>
> Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-a
utonomics<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2
F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry
-autonomics&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a1457663
7008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574
816103&sdata=Hjsww571o%2FRSHcrGREMyLP%2FXXHLszq%2F%2Fi0%2Fesggbrlw%3D&re
served=0>
>
> Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-auton
omics-16<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F
%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-lee-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-auto
nomics-16&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a145766370
08d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C63695083357481
6103&sdata=3UA7Y1dsfXmCUFWa3BuTScqIUqjlNnNZlnIVdx6IVg4%3D&reserved=0>
>
>
>
> Abstract:
>
>    This document provides YANG data models that describe performance
>
>    monitoring telemetry and scaling intent mechanism for TE-tunnels
and
>
>    Virtual Networks (VN).
>
>
>
>    The models presented in this draft allow customers to subscribe to
>
>    and monitor their key performance data of their interest on the
>
>    level of TE-tunnel or VN. The models also provide customers with
the
>
>    ability to program autonomic scaling intent mechanism on the level
>
>    of TE-tunnel as well as VN.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%
3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a
1a6a14576637008d6e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C6
36950833574826094&sdata=uf8Yi8ryQ3E3ksdgQXH%2Bhif9sb94nSmdGQUz0pThuHY%3D
&reserved=0>.
>
>
>
> The IETF Secretariat
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> Teas mailing list
>
> Teas@ietf.org<mailto:Teas@ietf.org>
>
>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas<https://nam03.safelinks.prote
ction.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2
Fteas&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6
e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574826094
&sdata=0anDfEi6GTlQVhAMYTajb6P86e62EbLgu1HzYTC5%2F1E%3D&reserved=0>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Teas mailing list
> Teas@ietf.org<mailto:Teas@ietf.org>
>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas<https://nam03.safelinks.prote
ction.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2
Fteas&data=02%7C01%7Cleeyoung%40futurewei.com%7Cbbe475a1a6a14576637008d6
e7688baf%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C636950833574836088
&sdata=WVttnZgCMy8cB0Id%2BwbQieadkCc0W0HkuZDe6prvEi0%3D&reserved=0>
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------


> _______________________________________________
> Teas mailing list
> Teas@ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas
>