Re: [Teas] [i2rs] WG LC for Topology (10/1 to 10/14)

"Zhangxian (Xian)" <zhang.xian@huawei.com> Fri, 09 October 2015 02:20 UTC

From: "Zhangxian (Xian)" <zhang.xian@huawei.com>
To: Xufeng Liu <xufeng.liu@ericsson.com>, Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, "i2rs@ietf.org" <i2rs@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 02:20:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.104.209]
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>, TEAS WG <teas@ietf.org>, 'Alia Atlas' <akatlas@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Teas] [i2rs] WG LC for Topology (10/1 to 10/14)

Hi, Xufeng, Alex,

Thank you for taking the effort to work toward getting aligned as discussed in last meeting.   I have some comments on some of the conclusions.

Could you share a bit more on reasons behind Point 3 conclusion?

For points 4 and 5, I think they are related. My understanding is that for ietf-network, it does not follow the method taken by YANG modules such as ietf-interface and ietf-te-topology, in which each ¨Crw leaf will have a corresponding ¨Cro leaf. Instead, it choose to use the ¡°server-provided¡± attribute to say whether all the leafs in the module is configurable or state. I am not sure I understand the conclusion of these two points. Do you agree that both methods are acceptable?

One last comment on point 6: is this for future-proofness or you have already have some attributes in mind that can apply to all networks?

Thank you,
Xian