Re: Consensus? RFC1628 to Historic

maria@xedia.com (Maria Greene) Thu, 30 July 1998 20:19 UTC

Delivery-Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:19:04 -0400
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:41:03 -0400
From: maria@xedia.com
To: ups-mib@CS.UTK.EDU
Subject: Re: Consensus? RFC1628 to Historic

Thanks, Bob and Harald, for explaining the procedure. Yes, there is
work to do if we want the RFC to advance and my sense is that there's
noone willing to help with it. Correct me if I'm wrong by
volunteering. A change to Historic will not make the MIB less useful
(or make any referencing documents less correct) and I doubt many
customers check the standards process status when evaluating products.

Maria