TERENA WG-MSG Meeting confirmed, July 16 1995, Agenda and venue

Claudio Allocchio - +39 40 3758523 <ALLOCCHIO@elettra.trieste.it> Thu, 29 June 1995 21:42 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 22:27:11 +0200
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Claudio Allocchio - +39 40 3758523 <ALLOCCHIO@elettra.trieste.it>
To: ietf-osi-x400ops@lucy.cs.wisc.edu
Cc: ALLOCCHIO@elettra.trieste.it
Subject: TERENA WG-MSG Meeting confirmed, July 16 1995, Agenda and venue

Hallo, the meeting is now confirmed. Please find hereunder the exact venue.

As we will discuss new projects, and their funding, concerning the messaging
systems of our community, I believe it is important to partecipate in the
discussion.

If you did not do already, please confirm partecipation,
thanks and see you in Stockholm.

PS: agenda suggestions still welcome.

	TERENA WG-MSG (draft) Agenda Points
	-----------------------------------

	Stockohlm, Sunday July 16th 1995
	time schedule:  14:00 - 18:00

	c/o Grand Hotel (same as IETF venue)
	S.Blasieholmshamnen 8
	S-103 27 Stockholm Sweden

	room: Bolinder Room (on 2nd Floor)

TERENA: new Executive and TTC (Martin)
	giving it a new spin.

MIXER: IETF WG created (Urs);
	MIXER update and change control (Harald);
	related documents: FTP Bodypart (Steve),
			   Mail-11 (Claudio),
			  "lan mail" stuff (to be confirmed);
        Dynamic mapping rules services, DNS and X.500, available
	(Claudio, Steve / Kevin)

New messaging projects for WG-MSG;
       Multimedia Mail for R&D: CEC did not support PANTOMIME; (Claudio)
                                shall we just take it over anyhow, as
                                a TERENA supported project, re-scaling it?
				starting it with MIME, later with X.400(88)?
                                starting the Multimedia Mail backbone; (all)

       NON MIME/X.400 messaging systems: integration into the R&D world;
	(to be confirmed)

Projects in the EU Telematics programme:
	Web4Groups (Jacob)
	Desire (Erik)
	ICE (to be confirmed)

Global R&D messaging connectivity: commercial providers seem quite interested
                                   in connecting to R&D world, both with MIME
                                   and X.400. Impact on our existing services.
                                   New services becomes available to R&D world
                                   (EDI, physical delivery) (Claudio, other?)

Security: are we really using it? shall we do something to deploy PGP and PEM?
	who checked the PGP signed minutes of Zurich meeting? (all)
	what is currently implemented in R&D messaging? (all)

Europe R&D messaging system "after MAILflow":
	how do we organize transition from central coordination to local
	management? (Harald, Alf)