Re: X.400 on the Internet?

Allan Cargille <cargille@cs.wisc.edu> Thu, 18 August 1994 18:15 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Allan Cargille <cargille@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: X.400 on the Internet?
To: PAUL@tdr.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 12:50:01 -0500
Cc: ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu, wg-msg@rare.nl, tf-88@surfnet.nl, ietf-smtp@dimacs.rutgers.edu

} From: Paul Robinson <PAUL@TDR.COM>
} Ned Freed <NED@innosoft.com>, writes:
} > The groundwork for all this is defined by RFC1327, which
} > defines the basic formats for X.400 routing tables. This work
} > is being expanded by the MHSDS IETF Working Group, which has
} > defined mechanisms for storing X.400 routing information in
} > both X.500 and in the DNS. Various Internet Drafts are
} > available that cover this topic (ds.internet.net in the
} > internet-drafts directory, anything with the string "mhsds" in
} > its name).

Actually, RFC1327 specifies Mapping between X.400(1988) and RFC 822.
RFC1465 specifies the current static routing approach and format that
is in use.

} > The X400OPS group is also involved, in that they are
} > specifying operational requirements for X.400 usage on the
} > Internet. You'll find several of their documents available as
} > Internet Drafts as well, I believe.
}
} Can someone get me the mailing address for the X.400 Ops group (if it
} didn't get this), I'd like to alert them to my drafts and solicit
} comments; if someone wants to forward this message to them, please do.

The X.400 Operations working group has terminated, but the mailing
list is still active:  ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu .  I forwarded the

I suggest that we continue this thread on the ietf-smtp, x400ops, and
wg-msg mailing lists.  Interested parties should join one of those
lists if they're not already on them.  I manage the x400ops list, mail
me if you'd like to join.

Cheers,

allan
--
Allan Cargille                  Computer Sciences Department
Internet X.400 Project          University of Wisconsin-Madison