[69ATTENDEES] Renovation Noise

Ray Pelletier <rpelletier@isoc.org> Wed, 25 July 2007 23:56 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 20:03:58 -0400
From: Ray Pelletier <rpelletier@isoc.org>
To: 69attendees@ietf.org
Subject: [69ATTENDEES] Renovation Noise

All;
We have pressed the hotel concerning their renovations on our meeting
and I wanted to share their response with you.

This is a matter which will be of particular concern and monitoring as
we contract with other venues and conduct future meetings.

Ray
IAD

I wanted to have all of the information before replying to your e-mail.  I have had an opportunity to meet with the Restoration Project Manager and the Hotel Property Operations Manager in regard to your concerns below.

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the noise that your attendees experienced over night.   I have been advised by our Hotel Property Operations Manager that there was an emergency situation on the roof of the hotel last night that affected our air handlers.  For the safety of our guests, this is something that could not have waited until morning to repair.  Please know that at no time was anyone in danger, but the situation needed to be addressed at the moment.  A letter of apology will be sent up to the guest indicated below along with an amenity this evening.  This was a unplanned repair as we have no construction occurring in the hotel overnight.

In regard to the meeting room noise, I have met with Restoration Project Manager.  We have previously requested that all work on the 5th floor was to be completed by 9:00 am.  With the amount of construction crews that we have in the building at the moment, it is my impression that one of the crews did not understand the directive of foreman to not work in the areas that would affect your meetings.   The Restoration Project Manager has given me her assurance that no further work would take place on the 5th floor.

In order to combat any further instances, I will have managers "floating" to each of your meeting rooms while they are in session for the remainder of the week to ensure that the level of noise that impacted your meetings today does not happen for the final days of your meeting.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and disturbance this has caused.  If there is anything further I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dean Lane
Hotel Manager - The Palmer House Hilton®