Re: [6lowpan] working group drafts and agenda for next IETF

"Ki-Hyung Kim" <kkim86@gmail.com> Thu, 29 November 2007 13:41 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=z8VQ+o8dCNyGmzKY/wWHZi7y64m39dlUBoT7SA/nIf0=; b=a1N33CvifZuLfPKmxa3DfUqEK2R67oV9ikTt9I4DdpgrEJDUYYCcpy0y67Ij9GXmnJox7ARyz+cUWU/0NTgy1ejeU6TNzzZS93ihLJXG5Qi6sLgVzHO/giayBF4Rko+7egzG0ZTFKfgGj+t/ib7DlU1o5678YvqtDNR4mgSIvTw=
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:40:52 +0900
From: Ki-Hyung Kim <kkim86@gmail.com>
To: Geoff Mulligan <geoff-ietf@mulligan.org>
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] working group drafts and agenda for next IETF
Cc: 6lowpan <6lowpan@lists.ietf.org>

Geoff,

The management draft (draft-daniel-lowpan-mib-00.txt) is missing in your
active and expired draft lists.
It deals with the 6lowpan MIB definition.

On 11/10/07, Geoff Mulligan <geoff-ietf@mulligan.org> wrote:

> Folks,
> Even though we do not have an approved recharter text we have a WG
> meeting slot at the next IETF and we need to set the agenda.
>
> >From the last IETF meeting I think that we reached consensus on the work
> items for the group:
>
> 1. Bootstrapping / Neighbor Discovery
> 2. Stateful Header Compression
> 3. Architecture
> 4. Applications
> 5. Security Analysis
>
> We decided that we would hold off on Mesh Under (Layer 2 routing) at
> this time until the path becomes more clear with respect to the RL2N
> proposal.
>
> This group has generated a number of I-Ds, though many are now expired.
> Some of the active and expired I-Ds seem closely related to the work
> items above.
>
> I have included in this message a list of both the Active and Expired
> I-Ds that have been submitted and their abstracts so that you don't have
> to search for the I-D information.
>
> Taking into account the above work items, if any of the authors are
> interested in presenting their drafts at this next IETF, please let
> Carsten or I know soon.
>
> I do hope that we will dust off the ND and security analysis drafts.
>
> If anyone else is planning on submitting a draft, please let us know
> soon and also get it submitted - the deadline is the 12th.
>
>        geoff
>

> ============== Active Drafts ===============
> --- draft-daniel-6lowpan-commissioning-00
> The commisioning process defines the startup procedure taken by the
> 6LoWPAN device. This document defines the startup procedure that all
> kinds of devices must take to become part of the network.
>
> --- draft-daniel-6lowpan-hilow-hierarchical-routing-01
> The EUI-64 identifier of a 6LoWPAN device can be used as the interface
> identifier of the IPv6 address, which can be used for for on-demand
> multi-hop routing in 6LoWPAN. One of the distinctive feature of 6LoWPAN
> is the capability of the dynamic assignment of 16- bit short addresses.
> By utilizing this dynamically assigned short address, a hierarchical
> routing which is very scalable can be employed. This This document
> defines a dynamic address assignment scheme and hierarchical routing
> HiLow) based on the assignment.
>
> --- draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-03
> 6LoWPAN Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing (LOAD) is intended for
> use by IEEE 802.15.4 devices in a 6LoWPAN. It is a simplified on-demand
> routing protocol based on AODV.
>
> --- draft-daniel-6lowpan-sslp-01
> The Simple Service Location Protocol (SSLP) provides a framework for the
> discovery and selection of the services working on 6LoWPAN. The protocol
> has a simple structure that is easy to be implemented on 6LoWPAN devices
> that are characterized by short range, low bit rate and low power. The
> protocol also offers a mechanism for interoperability with the IP
> [...]

Ki-Hyung Kim (김기형, 金起亨)
Associate Professor
Division of Information and Computer Eng., Ajou University, Suwon, Korea
442-749
Tel: +82-31-219-2433, Cel: +82-10-4760-2551,  Fax: +82-31-219-2433
http://www.6lowpan.org