Re: [6lowpan] HC-01 ready to advance to WG document?

"Chol Su Kang" <ckang@dustnetworks.com> Wed, 27 August 2008 17:24 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:22:31 -0700
From: Chol Su Kang <ckang@dustnetworks.com>
To: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Cc: 6lowpan <6lowpan@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] HC-01 ready to advance to WG document?
Sender: 6lowpan-bounces@ietf.org

Here are my comments on draft-hui-6lowpan-hc-01.txt.

   Figure 1. LOWPAN_IPHC is shown as 1 octet.
             But the text describes it is a two-octets field.
   Figure 1. It shows "Uncompressed fields follow" after LOWPAN_IPHC.
             But, Figure 5 shows differently.

Sec 2.1 pg 5
    "Next Hop" for NH bit?
    Next Hop and Next Header usages are confusing.

Sec 2.1 pg 5
    SAC(?) for Source Address Mode

Sec 2.2 pg 6
    Is this ID requiring upper-layer integrity checks?
    Are such checks used to detect out of sync, or prevent out of sync?
    Can you provide a reference for pseudo-header checksum?

    What is the reason for limiting the uni-cast address range
     to 15-bit range?

Sec 2.3 pg 8
    What is "well-known mapping"? Is it referring well-known multicast
     addresses?

Sec 2.4
    Is this intended Range order, i.e. Range 0, 2, 1, 3, 4?

Sec 3
    Figure 5:
       "In-line IP Fields"? Is this "In-line IPv6 header fields"?

Sec 4
    It states that another short address range is reserved in this
document.
    However, Sec 2.4 shows the reservation/usage of three additional
ranges.