Re: [6lowpan] Fwd: New Version Notification fordraft-chakrabarti-6lowpan-ipv6-nd-simple-00

"Mathilde Durvy (mdurvy)" <mdurvy@cisco.com> Tue, 30 March 2010 18:12 UTC

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:12:19 +0200
From: "Mathilde Durvy (mdurvy)" <mdurvy@cisco.com>
To: Samita Chakrabarti <samitac2@gmail.com>
Cc: Erik Nordmark <erik.nordmark@sun.com>, 6lowpan <6lowpan@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] Fwd: New Version Notification fordraft-chakrabarti-6lowpan-ipv6-nd-simple-00

Hi Samita, Erik,

Thanks a lot for you answers, it helps! I think these are the kind of things
you might want to include in the next version although I think the current
text is already very good.

I agree we should keed ND independent from the routing protocol. I guess my
comment was only that if the routing protocol happens to duplicate some of
the functionalities provided by ND maybe these should become optional to
avoid wasted resources...

Best,
Mathilde