Re: [6tisch-security] [6lo] [Anima] Comments needed for Security Bootstrapping of IEEE 802.15.4 based Internet of Things

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Mon, 23 February 2015 08:21 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:21:45 +0100
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>
Cc: consultancy@vanderstok.org, 6tisch-security@ietf.org, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>, "Hedanping (Ana)" <ana.hedanping@huawei.com>, robert.cragie@gridmerge.com, 6lo@ietf.org, Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>, anima@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [6tisch-security] [6lo] [Anima] Comments needed for Security Bootstrapping of IEEE 802.15.4 based Internet of Things

Hi Brian, Hannes,

About negotiation of bootstrapping choice:

Standardizing components for the "security bootstrapping" of low
resource devices, gives a consortium the possibility to agree on a
selection of building blocks
which is preloaded in the consortium stamped devices,
accompanied by parameter settings.
The parameter setting may further determine the bootstrap actions.
Prefixing parameter settings is a well-known technique. This can be done
in the factory; Servers can also be used for that matter.

Peter