Re: [6tisch] Comment on draft-ietf-6tisch-msf-01

Simon Duquennoy <simon.duquennoy@ri.se> Wed, 24 October 2018 15:03 UTC

From: Simon Duquennoy <simon.duquennoy@ri.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 17:02:14 +0200
To: christian.hopfner@pcm.endress.com
CC: 6tisch <6tisch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] Comment on draft-ietf-6tisch-msf-01

Hi Christian,

I understand your concern.
In the current draft we maintain a Tx cell for each known neighbor, and
this might end up draining resources.
Maybe we should leave more flexibility on maintenance of autonomous cells?
One could even choose to install autonomous cells only on-demand: when a
packet is queued to a given neighbor, install cell towards that neighbor,
then remove it after sending.

Best,
Simon