Re: [6tsch] recycle unused track cells (was: Routing vs. switching)

"Qin Wang" <qinwang@berkeley.edu> Thu, 06 June 2013 19:33 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:33:12 -0700
From: Qin Wang <qinwang@berkeley.edu>
To: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>
Cc: "6tsch@ietf.org" <6tsch@ietf.org>, Xavier Vilajosana <xvilajosana@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [6tsch] recycle unused track cells (was: Routing vs. switching)

Hi Pascal, Xavi, and all,

I want to confirm the concept of Track and its establishment, because what
we are talking about here are highly related with the interpretation of
Track.

My understanding about Track comes from the
draft-palattella-6tsch-terminology-01, i.e. "A determined sequence of
cells along a multi-hop path.
This is typically the result of a reservation."

But I feel the Track being talked about here implies more than it. I guess
the establishment of a Track not only involves a schedule built with cell
command, but also involves a mapping table which is established via the
new command "Label switching command". Correct?

If yes, I will agree with Thomas that we don't need a track-ID. But, it
may arise another question, i.e. should a mapping table be applied to a
schedule built with soft-cell command?

Thanks
Qin