Re: [6tisch] [Detnet] comments on draft-finn-detnet-architecture-00

anand@ece.iisc.ernet.in Mon, 13 April 2015 10:04 UTC

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:33:47 +0530
From: anand@ece.iisc.ernet.in
To: Rodney Cummings <rodney.cummings@ni.com>
Cc: Thomas Watteyne <watteyne@eecs.berkeley.edu>, "Patrick Wetterwald (pwetterw)" <pwetterw@cisco.com>, "Norman Finn (nfinn)" <nfinn@cisco.com>, "6tisch@ietf.org" <6tisch@ietf.org>, "detnet@ietf.org" <detnet@ietf.org>, Christian Boiger <christian.boiger@b-plus.com>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] [Detnet] comments on draft-finn-detnet-architecture-00

Hi,

The math for Option 1 can really get interesting if we combine zero jitter
pursuit with seamless redundancy to improve the message reliability.
Different paths can present dissimilar jitter to the "virtual" end-point
which is expected to give jitter-free stream to the listener, apart from
removing duplicates. With more path diversity comes more complexity in
smoothening the stream.

Anand