Re: [6tisch] Timing policy on 6P transactions

Glenn Daneels <glenn.daneels@uantwerpen.be> Fri, 09 December 2016 14:52 UTC

From: Glenn Daneels <glenn.daneels@uantwerpen.be>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2016 15:50:23 +0100
To: Thomas Watteyne <thomas.watteyne@inria.fr>
Cc: "6tisch@ietf.org" <6tisch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] Timing policy on 6P transactions

Hi Thomas,

> On 09 Dec 2016, at 15:28, Thomas Watteyne <thomas.watteyne@inria.fr> wrote:
>
> Glenn,
>
> Do you plan on participating at the call in 34min? I will add an action point to discuss about it.

Unfortunately, today I’m not able to participate in the call.

Ok, thanks. I was confused about this because of this section, https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-03#section-3.2 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-03#section-3.2>, where it is mentioned that 6P could be used alongside the minimal configuration slotframe. I thought that the second slotframe (“slotframe 1”) had the specific goal to allow the exchange of 6P messages. It seems that I interpreted that section wrongly.

> About the simyulation, Malisa is spearheading the project. I'll let him update you.

In the meanwhile, he already updated me: the shared slots should work.

> Thomas

Thanks,
Glenn

--