Re: [6tisch] FW: Call for adoption on draft-thubert-6lo-backbone-router-03 extended to Dec 11th, 2015

Thomas Watteyne <thomas.watteyne@inria.fr> Thu, 10 December 2015 05:09 UTC

From: Thomas Watteyne <thomas.watteyne@inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 06:09:16 +0100
To: "6lo@ietf.org" <6lo@ietf.org>, "6tisch@ietf.org" <6tisch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] FW: Call for adoption on draft-thubert-6lo-backbone-router-03 extended to Dec 11th, 2015

Samita, Gabriel,

I have read draft-thubert-6lo-backbone-router-03 in detail, and support its
adoption. The draft introduces techniques which allow for nodes to move
between LLNs without requiring re-addressing, which is powerful. This
technique has been discussed at length in 6TiSCH, and this drafts answers
these needs.

I annotated the draft as I was reading. Attached is my review; please use
diff to see what changed, as I edited the text directly. My high-level
(editorial) comments are:
- the draft could be written in a simpler less-verbose way. There is a lot
of discussion in-between the bits and bytes of the proposed techniques,
which makes it hard to follow
- the draft, at least while it's a draft, should contain an appendix which
indicates how this compares/complements/replaces previous drafts by the
same authors. I have been reading (and implemented!) several draft,
including draft-thubert-6lo-rfc6775-update-reqs and
draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd.

Thomas