MIME-HTML

"Dr. Mark K. Joseph" <izzy@aac.twg.com> Tue, 03 October 1995 20:48 UTC

Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 13:13:27 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Dr. Mark K. Joseph" <izzy@aac.twg.com>
To: ietf-822@dimacs.rutgers.edu
Subject: MIME-HTML

Hi, I am currently working on adding the ability to mail HTML
pages in MIME to my Emissary Mail Client (Emissary by Wollongong
see the Web page "www.twg.com").
I am basing my implementation on the "multipart/related" internet
draft by E.Levinson ("draft-ietf-mimesgml-related-02.txt").

I have read much of the MIME-SGML discussions and feel that approach is
overkill for support
of MIME-HTML.  I would hope that a simplified subset could be used for
MIME-HTML.

Other companies such as Netscape and NCD are also working on providing
this functionality in their mail clients.  I currently have no information
on what Netscape and NCD (as well as others) are basing their
implementations
on.  The result, I fear, will be three or more different formats due to no
accepted standard or draft.

In the interest of interoperation I would very much like to use this
forum to work with all interested parties on moving toward a standard
way to support MIME-HTML.  Please feel free to contact me if you have
any questions or comments.