[AAA-WG]: Application ID collision for MIPv4 and DCC

"Christopher Richards" <crich@nortelnetworks.com> Mon, 28 June 2004 16:23 UTC

From: Christopher Richards <crich@nortelnetworks.com>
To: aaa-wg@merit.edu
Subject: [AAA-WG]: Application ID collision for MIPv4 and DCC
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:23:20 -0400
Sender: owner-aaa-wg@merit.edu

Hi All,

I was just comparing some text in the MIPv4 draft spec
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-18.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-18.txt
> ) and the DCCA draft spec
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-cc-05.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-cc-05.txt> )
and noticed that both drafts have been assigned the same application-id (4).

The MIPv4 draft has expired so I presume that it is no longer valid and it's
application-id can be re-assigned to DCCA without issue. Is that right?

Cheers,
Chris