Re: [Ace] draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Sun, 31 January 2021 21:26 UTC

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 13:25:48 -0800
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: Francesca Palombini <francesca.palombini@ericsson.com>
Cc: Olaf Bergmann <bergmann@tzi.org>, Daniel Migault <daniel.migault=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "ace@ietf.org" <ace@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ace] draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize

I agree with Francesca that we should only RECOMMEND CoAP+DTLS for "both
legs" of communication with the AS -- the intent of the framework is that
we can decouple the protocol used in the different interactions if needed.

-Ben

P.S. The sentence prior to the quoted ones refers to Sections 5.6 and 5.6
of the framework for the token and introspection endpoint descriptions;
these seem to be 5.8 and 5.9, respectively, in
draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-36.