[alto] draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-01.txt

"Schwan, Nico (Nico)" <nico.schwan@alcatel-lucent.com> Mon, 12 March 2012 11:21 UTC

From: "Schwan, Nico (Nico)" <nico.schwan@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "alto@ietf.org" <alto@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:21:41 +0100
acceptlanguage: de-DE, en-US
Cc: "Roome, W D" <w.roome@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject: [alto] draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-01.txt

Folks,

we have just submitted a new version of our draft on incremental updates of ALTO Network and Cost Maps. The draft summarizes ongoing discussions on the different possible options for incremental updates. It is split in three subsections.

The first part lists options that allow a server to check the cached version of a map a client has. In particular we discuss HTTP built-in options and propose another alternative extending the current ALTO protocol. The second part then discusses options a server has to encode incremental updates, such as JSON Patch. Finally the draft introduces an information resource capability that allows servers to advertise which ALTO services are able to handle partial updates.

Going forward we would like to focus on detailing the groups preferred option for incremental updates. Therefore we are very interested on people's views on the different options.

Any suggestions/comments/pros and cons are highly welcome.

Best regards,

Nico