Re: [alto] New ALTO use cases & the upcoming IETF meeting

Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com> Mon, 25 February 2013 22:49 UTC

From: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>
To: "alto@ietf.org" <alto@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:49:18 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.192.11.179]
Subject: Re: [alto] New ALTO use cases & the upcoming IETF meeting

Hi all,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhody-pce-cso-enabled-path-computation-03.txt

I just wanted to bring your attention to this draft where ALTO is implied between APP and NET (Cross Stratum) in the context of
an extended PCE architecture. ALTO is envisioned in this draft as a mechanism to collect network resource information to the application
for their scheduling operation in an effort to select an optimal data center from a set of candidates.

This draft addresses the need for underlying network resource information (such as application-specific virtual network topology)
that can be made available to APP via ALTO interface.

Your comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Dhruv and Young