[alto] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-marocco-alto-problem-statement-04

Eric Burger <eburger@standardstrack.com> Thu, 05 February 2009 20:35 UTC

From: Eric Burger <eburger@standardstrack.com>
To: alto@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:34:31 -0500
Subject: [alto] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-marocco-alto-problem-statement-04

This draft is an update to the problem statement that Enrico and Vijay
wrote.  Jan and I think it addresses the basic issues raised during
the BOF and first WG meetings. Of course, we are sure you will find
something to comment on.

One issue that we made an arbitrary change on is there used to be a
distinction between an application that used an external Resource
Directory and an application that directly calculated where resources
live.  We decided to make the Resource Directory a logical entity.
This leaves open the ability to create implementations that combine
the client with something that finds resources. The IETF describes how
logical elements communicate.  Moreover, we do not dictate
implementation architectures.  One may combine or distribute logical
elements however you wish.

If you feel strongly that we need to define the Resource Directory as
a physical box, say so on the list.  Be sure to include your rationale.

To save on search time, here is the direct URL to the draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marocco-alto-problem-statement-04

Begin forwarded message: