Re: [alto] ALTO meeting info for Oct. 09, 2019

Jensen Zhang <> Wed, 09 October 2019 15:38 UTC

Return-Path: <>
Received: from localhost (localhost []) by (Postfix) with ESMTP id BE5E3120104 for <>; Wed, 9 Oct 2019 08:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -1.998
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.998 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key)
Received: from ([]) by localhost ( []) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id rJlBzjzeTfcs for <>; Wed, 9 Oct 2019 08:38:56 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from ( [IPv6:2607:f8b0:4864:20::b2b]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 20BEE120052 for <>; Wed, 9 Oct 2019 08:38:56 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by with SMTP id m1so886252ybm.1 for <>; Wed, 09 Oct 2019 08:38:56 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=+IknHLGHRt80cQmiqpqKowfeIGOxW9FWBPIL+s9S99w=; b=gqvuwzKJcxG33Cn3VMVTVn8cjHCscocQ3+XGWhH9+9X8ImzJ8E/l2kr3PFfmAmiz3q jhV8xhMgpxGahrQz8EAGspXhFWY4Ix//G07glPWWWRroVCfDHb+dcCWz8IFmN6/+7iH0 LFGh3V5jDGjpFxgKirsAHAt5tVy6nvadKfzoAR1dOKSy2wenAaQaCVL0YLbIMM2xlEum mhKIzwH2ygN3KAR1I0D6jUEY8Kw4mHHQFcp8nltrG4UPgr/nfgcl2kxUgK0+egHYApFH CPry9aTKBtro+G8d5RZqm7ELN9JBJaMNJskh0xelJQ6RPKUnS1KrKMOlDpKcJqjNhkd5 7dbA==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=20161025; h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date :message-id:subject:to:cc; bh=+IknHLGHRt80cQmiqpqKowfeIGOxW9FWBPIL+s9S99w=; b=KR7pqvX5grh+3FJhiQr/pTfJQuPKcBpEzFWVqh9xZoiUbKl2BOdljP+sdUeA3JT6DR L+d8itQxDsS9eUgbOkotQevNgkZFxpH+S9W3rzOoIGVRMLTDRdHnXhwifrw++lYA9mCQ DmZIlSrgBGZSa6wp3GyJI8iviq8V21tqLCz83eCvAD9BzfrPIvrbvZkaYOjGzYzsRwTy Yf9f/w7LXHWU4XA+l0ejle828OZvkv0drQWC09F9kDVqFnY5bYaKCacDi6Rf4fi3VCaT r6Gn2iSxBmnEIMqiset+w8BC/dBuvEE4FmBBrsbSRcAMSRj2/iCKeXjzlx49DZvOxA/Z gKYA==
X-Gm-Message-State: APjAAAUNL9PprclKAi/fhLiRPoaaTxdDAZWYyxQDns4vpLc0b151RrGT B0zWaHKBQQ8fSZ+B4bnN3aVoSBwKOxnI92lyhco=
X-Google-Smtp-Source: APXvYqykOfkj5BpJ+iHs1X0uPCZFWzS5taX5POwyx0nfK/cOpE/nMb3swgovv3nx/BA/Q9Y4/l6NO0kepeoxRfufQl4=
X-Received: by 2002:a25:a324:: with SMTP id d33mr2461234ybi.58.1570635535001; Wed, 09 Oct 2019 08:38:55 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
References: <> <>
In-Reply-To: <>
From: Jensen Zhang <>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 11:38:45 -0400
Message-ID: <>
To: Farni Weaver <>, Richard Yang <>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="00000000000022af2405947c157c"
Archived-At: <>
Subject: Re: [alto] ALTO meeting info for Oct. 09, 2019
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.29
Precedence: list
List-Id: "Application-Layer Traffic Optimization \(alto\) WG mailing list" <>
List-Unsubscribe: <>, <>
List-Archive: <>
List-Post: <>
List-Help: <>
List-Subscribe: <>, <>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 15:38:59 -0000

Richard and Farni,

Don't worry. We had a good meeting today. Qiao and I just summarized the
meeting minutes.

We may need your help to take another pass on the google doc of the side
meeting intro. Because we are targeting to send it out early next week. If
you can spend some time on it, it will be appreciated.


Planning for IETF AANAA Workshop:

- Sabine received the feedback from Vijay, suggesting we organize it as a
  side meeting under the IETF umbrella
- Google doc:
  - separate and update list of speakers and list of invited participants
  - IMPORTANT: to remove the list of invited participants from the body of
    the final invitation email
- Speaker:
  - Target to have 6-7 speakers
  - Ask for speakers' arrival/departure date from Singapore.
- Meeting date:
  - currently prefer the IETF open slot
  - Need to keep an eye on the IETF 106 agenda, and reserve room for side
    meeting as soon as the reservation link is available on IETF meeting
    page <>
- Internal team member to read and take passes on the current version of the
  - Target to send it out early next week.

Updates of WG Documents:

- Unified Properties
  - Addressed comments by Danny and updated some examples
  - Sabine will finish a revision and send to Jensen by this Friday
  - Kai is taking another pass now
  - Jensen will merge updates and upload a new version next week
  - Jensen will send an email to Jan to check the update from CDNI WG
- Performance Metrics
  - Sabine posted some plans to the mailing list <!msg/alto-weekly-meeting/alzUradzV98/4hbPBI8ZDAAJ

Updates of ALTO/Globus Integration:

- Considering the replica selection as the first step
- Updated Globus extension design and integrated workflow
  - Kai suggests a diagram to illustrate the workflow
- Talked about some implementation issues
  - Identify endpoint addresses to use ALTO
- Jensen will meet with some Globus users and vendors in the next few days
  and give updates


The notes and slides can also be found here:

Meeting notes:
Meeting slides:


On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:16 AM 'Farni Weaver' via alto-weekly-meeting <> wrote:

> Sorry, I'm traveling this week and will be unable to attend
> On Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 06:05:57 PM GMT+2, Danny Alex Lachos Perez <
>> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Just a friendly reminder that we will have our weekly meeting this
> Wednesday (*Oct-09*) at *9:30 am US ET*.
> Current Agenda*:
>    - Planning for ALTO workshop (IETF106)
>    - Quick updates on existing WG documents
>    - Progress on ALTO/Globus Integration
> *If people have other agenda items, please feel free to post.
> Bridge:
> Best regards,
> Danny Lachos
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "alto-weekly-meeting" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> <>
> .
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "alto-weekly-meeting" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> <>
> .