Re: [alto] Adopting two I-Ds as WG documents

"Jan Seedorf" <Jan.Seedorf@nw.neclab.eu> Tue, 21 April 2009 14:35 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:36:29 +0200
From: Jan Seedorf <Jan.Seedorf@nw.neclab.eu>
To: "DePriest, Greg (NBC Universal)" <Greg.Depriest@nbcuni.com>, "Vijay K. Gurbani" <vkg@alcatel-lucent.com>, alto <alto@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [alto] Adopting two I-Ds as WG documents

Dear Greg,

Thanks for your comments. We discussed these among the editors of the problem statement draft.

We agree that the text on caching you highlight below is potentially misleading, and also that the phrasing of a "malicious" ISP is probably a bit strong. Thanks for raising these points. Accordingly, we rewrote the text on caching and parts of the security consideration section. You can check out the new text in the next version of the draft, which we will publish shortly.

Regarding content security: as Enrico has already pointed out on this list, the goal of ALTO is content-agnostic optimization. Thus, we did not address content security in the security considerations section since it is out of scope for ALTO (as stated in the ALTO charter).

Best regards,
 - Jan