Re: [alto] 答复: Re: Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-19: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

kaigao@scu.edu.cn Fri, 28 January 2022 14:37 UTC

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 22:35:05 +0800
From: kaigao@scu.edu.cn
To: Roman Danyliw <rdd@cert.org>
Cc: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>, "draft-ietf-alto-path-vector@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-alto-path-vector@ietf.org>, "alto@ietf.org" <alto@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "alto-chairs@ietf.org" <alto-chairs@ietf.org>, Mohamed Boucadair <mohamed.boucadair@orange.com>
Subject: Re: [alto] 答复: Re: Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-19: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the comment.

Regarding the DRM issue, we are mostly following the guidance of RFC 7971 and 7285.

RFC 7971 (ALTO deployment considerations) has discussed the issue of information leak and RFC 7285 suggests that encryption only protects the end-to-end communication and DRM or legal agreements may be used to protect the information. In this paragraph, we are mostly considering using such mechanisms as a way to make sure the information is not leaked from the client's side.

It seems to me that the major problem is that we use normative language in the sentence. How about we rephrase the text as:

NEW:

For settings where the ALTO server and client are not in the same trust domain,

the ALTO server should reach agreements with the ALTO server on protecting

the confidentiality before granting the access to Path Vector service with sensitive

information. Such agreements may include legal contracts or Digital Right

Management (DRM) techniques.

Please let us know if that makes sense.

Best,

Kai