Re: [alto] I-Draft discussion - Supporting Bottleneck Structure Graphs in ALTO: Use Cases and Requirements

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Sun, 10 April 2022 11:09 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: Jordi Ros Giralt <jros@qti.qualcomm.com>, "alto@ietf.org" <alto@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:08:49 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.136.100.16]
Subject: Re: [alto] I-Draft discussion - Supporting Bottleneck Structure Graphs in ALTO: Use Cases and Requirements

Thanks Jordi for bringing this up on the list for further discussion.
I am wondering whether building Bottleneck structure can be seen as modeling technology and require AI and machine learning technologies to be involved? If the answer is yes, it might be worth exploring this in NMRG mailing list and provide input to
AI for network management work item in the NMRG.

Secondly, I am very interested how ALTO can be integrated with PCE? How ALTO can be used together with PCE for path computation and setup,  How ALTO exposed information can be better consumed by the client, either in network layer or transport layer or application layer?

Third, it might be also related to modeling technologies, I am wondering how flow information can be correlated and aggregated into network topology information and other ALTO information such as performance metrics? Is there any mechanism or
Guidance or principle, best practice on how difference data source can be integrated together based on implementation experience. Maybe Danny and Jordi can help clarify this from your experience, thanks.

-Qin