Re: [alto] ALTO server discovery

Gustavo Garcia Bernardo <ggb@tid.es> Thu, 05 March 2009 23:07 UTC

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:07:35 +0100
From: Gustavo Garcia Bernardo <ggb@tid.es>
To: songhaibin 64081 <melodysong@huawei.com>, "alto@ietf.org" <alto@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [alto] ALTO server discovery

Hi Song,

Our ALTO Discovery document (draft-wang-alto-discovery-00) doesn't try to make a concrete proposal on a discovery protocol until the ALTO protocol and architecture are better defined.   At this point the draft addresses some considerations to be taken into account to decide the discovery mechanism, and describes some existing discovery protocols explaining how they could be applied to ALTO, their advantages and their limitations.    Our idea is to avoid defining new discovery protocols and reuse the existing ones describing how they can be applied to the ALTO use case.

BR,
G.