Re: [Anima] Potential Milestones for ANIMA new charter

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Sat, 16 March 2019 00:56 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
CC: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>, Toerless Eckert <toerless.eckert@huawei.com>, "anima@ietf.org" <anima@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 00:56:26 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.171.209]
Subject: Re: [Anima] Potential Milestones for ANIMA new charter

Hi, Eliot,

As you know, the charter text is different from the milestones. In charter text, we will have a paragraph to describe the BRSKI relevant works. In principle, all BRSKI works, even those have not been mentioned, would be covered. So, BRSKI works, no matter they are listed as milestones or not, are in WG scope.

Milestones are these work items that WG MUST deliver in a limited time, say a year or one and half years. So, as WG chairs, we would like to have a shorter list for each period, for which every work item has enough energy to complete in time. This is also IESG would like to see. We could easily add milestones later when the WG had shown enough interests and energy for new in-scope works.

“+ One BRSKI document” means newly adopt one more BRSKI document. The reason that we do not want too many new BRSKI document immediately is that the WG need energy to guarantee the current adopted BRSKI works, including the main BRSKI document and constrained voucher, to be completed as soon as possible with high quality.

Regards,

Sheng