[Anima] request to consider adopting draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher-03.txt

Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca> Thu, 15 February 2018 21:52 UTC

From: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
To: anima@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 16:52:25 -0500
Subject: [Anima] request to consider adopting draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher-03.txt

Peter, Panos and I have been working on this document along with some SID
help from Michel Veillett.  We'd like the ANIMA WG to consider adopting it.
There are some SID issues that we hope to work out with the help of the
"yot@ietf.org" list... they are minor technical issues that do not change much.

Originally this work was part of draft-ietf-6tisch-zerotouch-join, and was
going to be done in 6tisch directly as it had no users outside of 6tisch.
That has... changed because there was a request to reuse more things.
Reuse is great, but requires more coordination. <insert sad smile>

Please see the diagram and explanation, which was in my enrollment-roadmap
draft, but which is now at:
       https://trac.ietf.org/trac/int/wiki/EnrollmentRoadmap

This document represents the box entited "constrained voucher (CBOR) (xxxx?)"
It is used by the pink and yellow boxes.

This document "inherits" (subclasses if you like), both ietf-anima-voucher
(doing it in CBOR, signed by COSE or CMS), and also subclasses
ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra, applying the same "diff" that
BRSKI makes to EST, but applying it to ACE's EST-COAPS version of EST.
I've illustrated the relationship in the second diagram in the wiki, which is
also at:
    http://www.sandelman.ca/SSW/ietf/anima/diagrams/document-relations.svg

The dotted/faded blue represents my request to have ANIMA adopt the document.

Chairs: please let me know if this is something we can do sooner (before 101?),
        or if you think that we need an in-person discussion at 101,
        or if you think that it's impossible.
        It's not my goal to have the WG adoption call in this thread!
        But to determine what I need to do to get to the question being
        asked.  Perhaps the WG will not want to adopt it.

internet-drafts@ietf.org wrote:
    > A new version of I-D,
    > draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher-03.txt has been
    > successfully submitted by Michael Richardson and posted to the IETF
    > repository.

    > Name: draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher Revision: 03
    > Title: Constrained Voucher Profile for Bootstrapping Protocols Document
    > date: 2018-02-14 Group: Individual Submission Pages: 20 URL:
    > https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher-03.txt
    > Htmlized:
    > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher-03
    > Htmlized:
    > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher-03
    > Diff:
    > https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher-03

    > Abstract: This document defines a strategy to securely assign a pledge
    > to an owner, using an artifact signed, directly or indirectly, by the
    > pledge's manufacturer.  This artifact is known as a "voucher".

    >    This document builds upon the work in [I-D.ietf-anima-voucher],
    > encoding the resulting artifact in CBOR.  Use with two signature
    > technologies are described.

    >    Additionally, this document explains how constrained vouchers may be
    > transported in the [I-D.vanderstok-ace-coap-est] protocol.

    > submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
    > tools.ietf.org.

    > The IETF Secretariat

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-