Re: AT MIB wrapup

Phil Budne <phil@shiva.com> Thu, 15 April 1993 07:24 UTC

Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1993 02:28:23 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Phil Budne <phil@shiva.com>
To: apple-ip@cayman.com, kf1j+@andrew.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: AT MIB wrapup
Cc: phil@shiva.com

Here are my comments on the April 2, 1993 draft of AppleTalk MIB
double plus good;

p 25. atPortType

ip:	Isn't the IpAddress type distinct from OCTET STRING??
	Change to:
		IP Address in network byte order (OCTER STRING (SIZE (4)))?

Need to resolve '???' in comments (arap and ISDN packet mode)!

	I SUSPECT arap is always DdpNodeAddress!

p 83. I think "Remote" is more lucid than "Partner".
Greg Merrill agreed that this would be fine with him,
at least he did at some point!

p 84. Since atportPtoPProtocol seems to represent the transport, and
not the routing protocol I think the DESCRIPTION can be improved

current;

	The protocol type used over the point-to-point connection.

suggested;

	The protocol [and encapsulation] used to create the
	point-to-point connection.

p 86.  Is the Per Port Counters group optional???