[apps-discuss] R: Fw: New Version Notification for draft-wmills-oauth-lrdd-02.txt

Goix Laurent Walter <laurentwalter.goix@telecomitalia.it> Wed, 26 September 2012 09:12 UTC

From: Goix Laurent Walter <laurentwalter.goix@telecomitalia.it>
To: William Mills <wmills@yahoo-inc.com>, Apps Discuss <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:12:18 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
x-ti-disclaimer: Disclaimer1
Subject: [apps-discuss] R: Fw: New Version Notification for draft-wmills-oauth-lrdd-02.txt

Hello bill,

Thanks for the update. I also believe this should be straightforward...

Some comments regarding your latest revision:

-          The page header still mentions "A SASL/GSS-API Mechanism for OAuth" and needs cleanup

-          Section 2: you mention "C:", "S:" and SASL terminology that are not used in the draft and need cleanup

-          4.1.2: /s/available/available (twice)

-          4.1.2: you mention "The client MAY use this to determine if the client supports ..." (for grant types and token types). Isn't it rather the client to determine whether the *server* support these grant types? What about "The client MAY use this to determine the grant/token types available at the server"?

-          5.1: maybe you could provide https endpoints in your example rather than http as this would be more typical/in line with oauth recommendations

-          5.2: /s/soupporting/supporting

-          6.2: note that the wf i-d is now wg (ietf-appsawg-webfinger-00)

In general I am not that clear about your representation of the "grant-types" and "token-types" properties/attributes in the examples. Based on rfc6415 xrd/jrd mapping there seem to be some inconsistency on the mapping: do you envision these as link attributes or as properties?

Cheers
walter