[apps-discuss] Pete Resnick's No Objection on draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-07: (with COMMENT)

"Pete Resnick" <presnick@qti.qualcomm.com> Wed, 25 June 2014 17:00 UTC

From: Pete Resnick <presnick@qti.qualcomm.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:00:22 -0700
Cc: appsawg-chairs@tools.ietf.org, ned+ietf@mrochek.com, draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate@tools.ietf.org, apps-discuss@ietf.org
Subject: [apps-discuss] Pete Resnick's No Objection on draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-07: (with COMMENT)

Pete Resnick has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate/

from the list, with the List-* header fields on it, and *not* the one
sent directly to me. Unfortunately, the one from the list is almost
always going to arrive after the one sent directly to me, and the
extension doesn't give me enough state to find the message(s) that came
in earlier so I can decide which one to keep. But like I said, I can see
others using this.

As to specific comments:

   As a side-effect, the "duplicate" test adds the message ID to an
   internal duplicate tracking list once the Sieve execution finishes
   successfully.

I think this may have been mentioned in response to someone else's
comment, but perhaps this should be:

   As a side-effect, the "duplicate" test adds a unique identifier
   (again, by default the contents of the Message-ID header field) to an
   internal duplicate tracking list once the Sieve execution finishes
   successfully.

And then change other occurrences of "message ID" to "unique identifier"
elsewhere in the document as appropriate.