[aqm] Changes in draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-05.txt

gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk Sat, 20 June 2015 11:23 UTC

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 12:21:55 +0100
From: gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk
To: aqm@ietf.org
Subject: [aqm] Changes in draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-05.txt

Hi AQM working group, we have now completed our revision including all
known WGLC comments that we think still needed to be addressed.

This revision includes an updated abstract to avoid suggesting that this
describes new methods for deployment. We also updated the text to ease
reading and provided a reworked sections 3 and 4 to clarify discussion and
to remove unnecessary text. Thanks particularly for Mirja who helped in
detail to improve several of the points. We changed Summary to refer to
sections describing things, rather than appear as a list of new
recommendations.

It also provides new text on the following:

   Added ECN-field definition, and sorted terms in order.

   Added an opening para to each "benefit" to say what this is.  Sought
   to remove redundnacy between sections.

   Added new section on Codepoints to avoid saying the same thing twice.

   Note: This version expects a corresponding  update to RFC5405.bis that
will
   indicate UDP ECN requirements (in normative text).

Best wishes,

Gorry & Michael