Re: [aqm] Minutes of the AQM WG session

"Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com> Thu, 23 July 2015 11:49 UTC

From: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com>
To: Dave Taht <dave.taht@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:49:20 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.122.56.79]
Cc: "aqm@ietf.org" <aqm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [aqm] Minutes of the AQM WG session

Thank you Dave,

I'll update the minutes.

I believe the authors of DualAQM assume that all ECN traffic will have the less drastic reaction as a default (with the hope of deploying this before wide-spread use of legacy 3168 style ECN marking takes hold).

Also, thank you for your comments regarding FQ_codel and the reported linux issue (which, as you note, may be due to an incorrect config setting in the latest releases).

Regarding the identifier to differentiate legacy ECN (cc reaction on ECN per RTT = cc reaction to loss in RTT) and the differentiated response (proportional to the # of CEs per RTT) is an open question.

Perhaps we can start to gather the views of the group on this list already; There have been other uses for ECT(1) been proposed over time, and it has also been pointed out that repurposing a DiffServ Codepoint may not be the easierst to do from a procedural view.

Also, I would like to encourage members of the aqm wg to review the various versions of http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn (the technical content did change in each version substancially). Disclaimer, I'm one of the authors of that draft.

Best regards,
  Richard