Re: [art] Auto-configuring Email Clients via WebFinger

"Paul E. Jones" <paulej@packetizer.com> Tue, 16 July 2019 19:46 UTC

From: "Paul E. Jones" <paulej@packetizer.com>
To: John R Levine <johnl@taugh.com>
Cc: John Levine <johnl@taugh.com>, art@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 19:46:50 +0000
Subject: Re: [art] Auto-configuring Email Clients via WebFinger

John,

Other than Thunderbird, what clients support Mozilla's procedures?

I really don't care about any existing proprietary solutions out there,
as they're clearly doing me no good at all.

I'd prefer we define something simple that people will adopt.  WebFinger
is just an HTTP query, but if we wanted to have a different HTTP query,
that's fine.  I just think we need to document something in an RFC, else
nothing will ever get universally adopted.

Paul