Re: [Asrg] Re: New draft on trust-path-discovery (Ono, Kumiko)

"Ono, Kumiko" <kumiko@cs.columbia.edu> Mon, 18 July 2005 10:33 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 06:33:24 -0400
From: "Ono, Kumiko" <kumiko@cs.columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: New draft on trust-path-discovery (Ono, Kumiko)
To: gep2@terabites.com, asrg@ietf.org
Cc: Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Sender: asrg-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

Content-filtering is effective for anti-spam/spim (unsolicited bulk
instant messages), but unfornately not for unsolicited bulk calls,
because the call cannot be analyzed before the user answers it, as
mentioned in a SIPPING draft, draft-ietf-sipping-spam-00.txt.

Also, the number of my friends and their friends whose machines have
been converted to spambots is very low.

We understand our propsal is not a perfect solution. However, there is
no single technique that can solve all spam problems.

Regards,
Kumiko