Re: IPv6 over ATM/NBMA

Michael Smirnow <smirnow@fokus.gmd.de> Thu, 29 February 1996 16:31 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 17:19:45 +0100
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Michael Smirnow <smirnow@fokus.gmd.de>
To: ip-atm@nexen.com
Subject: Re: IPv6 over ATM/NBMA
Cc: ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com

On G. Armitage's  message (Thu Feb 29 06:04:28 1996 - see below):

except Armitage's contributions and well known RFCs (from IPATM, IDMR, ROLC,...)
I found also useful (at least for me) the following:

Endpoint Identifier Destination Option [draft-ietf-nimrod-eid-00]:
	it treats routing related info  (endpoint IDs) separately from
	topology (locators) - results in scalability;
DNS Resource Records for Nimrod Routing Architecture [draft-ietf-nimrod-dns-01]:
	DNS Resource Records descriptions for the above;
IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration [draft-ietf-addrconf-ipv6-auto-06]:
	proposes how host can autoconfigure its interfaces in IPv6
An ATMARP Client Autoconfiguration [draft-marcinik-ipatm-auto-arp-00]:
	cooperation of Classical ATMARP servers (simple cache consistency).

Michael