MIB draft: ifSpeed & ifPhysAddress

kennethw@vnet.ibm.com Fri, 10 May 1996 03:18 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: kennethw@vnet.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 22:57:00 -0400
To: ip-atm@nexen.com
Subject: MIB draft: ifSpeed & ifPhysAddress

John,
   The IP over ATM Virtual Interface was suppose to be above the AAL5
layer. I didn't think that RFC 1695 was defining the layers above
AAL5. A new draft of the IP-ATM MIB will be going out in a few weeks.
We will be dropping the IP over ATM Virtual Interface from the MIB
since its not absolutely necessary and limit our interface usage
to the AAL5 and ATM layers. Please take a look at the new
MIB once we distribute it.

Regards,

Ken White