Re: [AVT] RE: Comments on draft-singer-mpeg4-ip-03.txt

Rob Lanphier <robla@real.com> Thu, 20 December 2001 00:36 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:33:00 -0800
To: CURET Dominique FTRD/DMI/REN <dominique.curet@rd.francetelecom.com>, 'Colin Perkins' <csp@isi.edu>
From: Rob Lanphier <robla@real.com>
Subject: Re: [AVT] RE: Comments on draft-singer-mpeg4-ip-03.txt
Cc: 4on2andIP-sys@advent.ee.columbia.edu, avt@ietf.org
Sender: avt-admin@ietf.org

Hi Dominique,

I think what Colin is saying (and what I'd agree with) is that the
techniques used in this draft preclude mixing MPEG-4 streams with non
MPEG-4 streams in a generic way.  For example, if one has MPEG-4 video and
AMR audio in a file, then what is the interaction between the a=mpeg4-iod:
and the AMR audio?

Is the 4on2andIP list archived somewhere?  Is there a more up-to-date
version of this draft that is available for IETF review?

Thanks,
Rob