Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-vancaenegem-avtcore-fb-supp-and-retransm-00

Roni Even <Even.roni@huawei.com> Mon, 20 June 2011 21:29 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 00:27:06 +0300
From: Roni Even <Even.roni@huawei.com>
To: "'Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)'" <tom.van_caenegem@alcatel-lucent.com>, 'IETF AVTCore WG' <avt@ietf.org>
Cc: 'Magnus Westerlund' <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-vancaenegem-avtcore-fb-supp-and-retransm-00

Hi Tom,
I see two separate issues as I mentioned in my other email. My commentes
were about the ssm and not about the fb-supp-and-retansm

The first comment is that the ssm draft should be in line with the WG
suppression draft where the issue of when NACKs can be sent is explained.

The second comment is that the ssm draft focus on the case where the RS is
located with the FT which is one case for SSM (this is more the RAMS
architecture). THe RS can reside with the DS or be a separate entity. Also
the retransmission can be done using unicast or multicast. If the draft want
to address the general retransmission issue for SSM all these options should
be discussed.

Roni