Re: [AVT] Usage of use-level-src-parameter-sets as per draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-12

"Allison, Art" <AAllison@nab.org> Wed, 01 December 2010 16:30 UTC

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:31:08 -0500
From: "Allison, Art" <AAllison@nab.org>
To: avt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVT] Usage of use-level-src-parameter-sets as per draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-12

I seems to me the trade-off is delay vs. usability.  If not changed, the
rfc cannot be expected to be used by at least one organization; and the
reason given seems likely to be applicable to many business
arrangements. So an early publication may put this rfc in the hopper
with many others that are not used.

Art

Art Allison

Senior Director Advanced Engineering, Science and Technology

National Association of Broadcasters
1771 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone  202 429 5418