Re: [AVT] MPEG2TS preamble - where next

"Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <abegen@cisco.com> Thu, 29 July 2010 21:44 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:43:01 -0700
From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <abegen@cisco.com>
To: Peilin YANG <yangpeilin@huawei.com>, "Sandy (Alexander) MacInnis" <macinnis@broadcom.com>
Cc: avt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVT] MPEG2TS preamble - where next

I expressed this before several times. When the existing deployments will be upgraded with the RAMS code (which will be once the spec is frozen and becomes an RFC), the extra code we need for post processing will be put on the client as well. So, I do not understand why you are making a big deal out of this. You will have to upgrade your boxes' software, too, if you wanna run the RAMS as specified in the final spec.

-acbegen