Re: AW: [AVT] Re: Non-standard RFC 2833 definition of ANS, /ANS, ANSa m and /ANSam

Rajesh Kumar <rkumar@cisco.com> Wed, 30 October 2002 20:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:34:40 -0800
To: Kreuter Ruediger <ruediger.kreuter@siemens.com>
From: Rajesh Kumar <rkumar@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: AW: [AVT] Re: Non-standard RFC 2833 definition of ANS, /ANS, ANSa m and /ANSam
Cc: 'Henning Schulzrinne' <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>, avt@ietf.org
Sender: avt-admin@ietf.org

Kreuter,
I will be providing text to Henning and the AVT for these events today.
Basically, my suggestion is to KEEP the RFC2833 semantics of ANS,/ANS etc.
as referring to entire signals rather than to 450 ms phase cycles, as V.25
does. The only difference is that I'll be adding clarification on how the
RFC2833 semantics differs, and other explanatory text. So this is a case in
which we do not want to follow V.25 to the letter in RFC2833.

Thanks,

Rajesh